- DHS Contracts - view RFP's/RFI's
- DHS Jobs Page
- DHS Vision, Mission, and Values
- Fraud Prevention / Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
- Hotline Numbers
- Office Hours and Locations
- Press Releases
- Resource Directory English Spanish
(counseling, medical, shelters, hotlines, support, & more)
- What's New!
About Kern County
Kern County is the third largest county (in acreage) in California with a population of more than 840,000 residents. Kern County, "The Golden Empire," is in the heart of Central California with an economic base of agriculture and oil. The area ranges from scenic desert to snow-covered mountain landscapes, all surrounding the beautiful Kern River, which runs through the Kern Canyon. The County seat is Bakersfield which is about 110 miles north of Los Angeles.